Categorized In: Case Services - IPE
Approved Date: November 13, 2018
Owner: Angela Fujan
IPE amendments are required when a ‘substantive change’ is made in the employment goal, VR services or in the provider of services’.
The IPE must be amended when:
- Indicate who is taking the termination action?
- List services are being terminated?
- State the reason for termination?
- Determine primary job goal
- Obtain or send for client, and guardian or parent if required, signature.
- Complete the IPE Amendment Screen in QE2 upon obtaining client signature, or after 90 days on the job if the client has not returned the signed amendment form whichever occurs first
- Determine primary job goal
- Note any Comments /Responsibilities
- Estimate Expected Date to Be Working
- Indicate Weekly Work Hours goal
- Review Agreement and Approval Language
- Review IPE Terms
- Client, and guardian or parent if required, signs
- VR Rehab Specialist signs or Approves IPE (Date VR Rehab Specialist signs is the IPE date for QE2)
- Must be in Priority Group 1 to receive SE services.
- Identify type of SE Placement
- Identify type of Continuing Help client will need
- Identity the Provider(s) who will provide the continuing help
- IPE - VR Provided Services
- IPE - Community Services
- IPE - Supports
- All topics of the Summary of Employment Discussion. The Summary of Employment Discussion form is not required, but Summary of Employment Discussion Task Notes are required.
- Career Planning Preferences Form
- Readiness Factors and Planning Factors
- Original or Amended – Designate the type of IPE as Amended
- Job Goal – The job goal is the job the client wants to have when they are finished with VR. The job goal should be as specific as possible. Record any important details about the job. Only one job goal may be identified on the IPE Job Goal section. If the client is considering several job goals or an immediate and long term job goal the client and VR staff will mutually agree upon a primary job goal and that job goal will be listed. Any other job goals the client wants reflected on the IPE Job Goal/Supported Employment Form will be listed in the Comments/Responsibilities section of the form.
- Comments/Responsibilities - Allows the client and/or VR staff to note any additional comments regarding the job goal, unique responsibilities, or things to consider during service provision.
- Expected Date to Be Working – In estimating the date the client will be working in his/her job goal consider the following.
- When the client will have completed the services on his/her plan (or decides he/she does not need more help).
- The client will have been working at least 90 days in the job goal.
- When the client thinks his/her work is satisfactory and his/her employer is satisfied with the client's job performance.
- This date should be at least six months from the date the IPE is signed.
- Weekly Work Hours - Indicate the number of hours the client expects to work each week.
- Agreement and Approval - Thoroughly review the text in this section with the client. It is important the client understands and is in agreement with the conclusions and action to be taken that are outlined in this section.
- Supported Employment – See the Supported Employment Chapter for a detailed description of Supported Employment requirements and procedures. Only individuals with a Most Significant Disability (Priority Group 1) can have a Supported Employment Job Goal.
- Type of Supported Employment – Identify the type of SE program.
- Individual Placement
- Crew/Enclave Placement
- Transitional Placement
- Continuing Help – Identify the type(s) of continuing help the client will need to do well on the job. Check all the boxes that apply. If the help the client needs is not on the list, use the "Other" box to describe the help needed. Use more pages if necessary.
- Provider – Identify the provider(s) that provide and/or pay for the help needed. If an advocacy or support group, family member, or other source will provide or pay for the continuing help specify who that will be.
- The provider must meet with the client at least 2 times a month to determine how the client is doing on the job and what the client needs. It is the client's choice as to whether this meeting is at the work place or away from the work place.
- VR Provided Services – Identify the VR staff providing the services the client will need to achieve his/her job goal. Indicate the following:
- The estimated start and end date of the service.
- The VR staff member (name or title/role) who will provide the service.
- Community Services – Identify the community services the client will need to achieve his/her job goal. Indicate the following:
- Where will the client get the community service.
- Who will pay for the community service.
- The estimated start and end date of each of the community services.
- Supports – Identify the support services the client will need to achieve his/her job goal. Indicate the following:
- Where will the client get the support.
- Who will pay for the support.
- The estimated start and end date of each of the supports.
- Who is taking the Termination Action?
- What services are being terminated?
- What is the reason for the termination?
- If the client has not been recently informed of the services of the Client Assistance Program, then inform the individual again.
- Note: A service cannot be stopped while the client is involved in either mediation or the appeal process. For post-secondary training, making an adjustment for credit hours funded but not completed does not constitute stopping a service.
|IPE Amendment of Job Goal at Outcome/Termination of Service - Spanish|
|IPE Community Services - English|
|IPE Community Services - Spanish|
|IPE Job Goal & IPE Supported Employment - English|
|IPE Job Goal & IPE Supported Employment - Spanish|
|IPE Supports - English|
|IPE Supports - Spanish|
|IPE VR Provided Services - English|
|IPE VR Provided Services - Spanish|
|IPE Amendment of Job Goal at Outcome/Termination of Service - English|