Categorized In: Case Services - Assessment Services/Planning - Assessment Services
Approved Date: February 12, 2021
Owner: Paige Rose
Vocational evaluation services are to be made available for any individual needing to obtain greater self and work knowledge related to his/her/their strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and labor market information as well as the functional impact of the person's disability.
For Pre-ETS eligible students who have a signed consent & release, activities are limited to exploration rather than assessment, but if a pre-ets eligible student has applied for VR services and been removed from the waitlist, other evaluation services are available.
Evaluation can occur any time in the VR process, providing the client is in an open category.
Determine need for a vocational evaluation
Complete the Vocational Referral Form
1. Determine with the client if a vocational evaluation would be beneficial in addressing any of the following issues:
2. Complete the following before making a referral for a vocational evaluation
3. Complete the Vocational Evaluation Referral form and provide the referral to the vocational evaluation specialist or associate either by email or in person
4. For Pre Employment Transition Students who need more in-depth exploration:
1. Review the available client information prior to beginning the evaluation
2. Conduct the vocational evaluation including completion of appropriate assessment activities, observations, interpretation and career exploration to help the client identify job goal(s) to assist the client in becoming successfully employed
*For Pre-Employment Transition Services eligible students, exploration must be within one of the five areas of approved services:
(1) job exploration counseling;
(2) work-based learning experiences;
(3) counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or post-secondary educational programs at institutions of higher education;
(4) workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living;
(5) instruction in self-advocacy, which may include peer mentoring
3. Staff the results of the evaluation with the referring specialist, client, authorized representative (if applicable), and the vocational evaluator all attending when possible. * For Pre-employment Transition Services students, extend staffing invite to authorized representative and school staff (if applicable)
4. Add a QE2 task note indicating Vocational Evaluation or Job Planning Exploration (for PreETS students) was completed
5. Confirm that Assessment Services have ended and status is marked accordingly for both Career Planning and Vocational Evaluation
6. Provide copy of finalized report to client or Pre-Employment Transition Student and the authorized representative, DD service coordinator, service provider, and teacher/school (all if applicable and on Release of Information)