Categorized In: Case Services - Assessment Services/Planning - Assessment Supports
Approved Date: October 02, 2018
Owner: Angela Fujan
Clients who self report or who VR staff identify as needing assistive devices; adaptations; or vehicle, home, or work site modifications will be referred to ATP for assessment. Referrals can also be made to ATP for assistance in determining an appropriate cost for used adaptive equipment.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE EXEMPT FROM THE ATP/VR PARTNERSHIP PROCESS. THESE ITEMS DO NOT NEED TO BE REFERRED TO ATP FOR ASSESSMENTS OR FOR FUNDING COORDINATION.
*The Purchase of prosthetics or orthotics requires a prescription for each item. Prior to purchase, contact ATP to see if there may be comparable benefits for the client. VR payment is based upon medicaid rates. If any exception to the purchase is required, consult the Office Director.
Note: Any of the items exempt from referral to ATP may at the discretion of the VR Specialist be referred to ATP if the ATP Technology Specialist’s involvement would be helpful. A referral may be needed to ATP for other worksite modifications or training after the purchase of the prosthetic or the orthotic device.
Driving evaluations will be completed by VR prior to making a referral to ATP for vehicle modification assessments.
ATP is responsible for completing a final inspection to ensure the client’s needs are met and any equipment provided is working and being used correctly.
- If client disagrees with vendor recommendations consult with the VR Program Director for Community Services.
- If team has any issues/questions/concerns about recommendation team should consult with ATP Technology Specialist
- Authorization must specify what VR is funding and the amount unless a Medicaid rate applies.
(PRIORITY MEANS –SEEN WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS BY ATP)
Job Offer (accommodations needed prior to start):
Failing in school:
- Completes the ATP Referral Form electronically (no hand written referrals will be accepted) ensuring the most current information is reflected. If information requested on the referral form is not available VR staff will contact the client and get the required information. VR staff will email the completed ATP Referral Form as an attachment to email@example.com. or fax to (402) 471-6052. (Priority Referral: Use checklist-priority to make determination. Office Director approves referral)
- If referral made in assessment, add Assessment Support Service: Rehab Technology-Rehab Engineering.
- Talking with the client and employer about the client’s needs.
- Observing activities or job shadowing.
- Assessing existing facilities, equipment, hardware or software.
- Measuring, sketching and taking pictures or videos of the site.
- Discussing possible AT solutions with client.
- Demonstrating products.
- Loaning products to client to try (ATP WILL EMPHASIZE THESE OPPORTUNITIES).
Driving Control Systems Manual Chapter.