Categorized In: Case Services - Planned Services
Approved Date: October 02, 2018
Owner: Carla Lasley
Individuals served in the Supported Employment must be in Priority Group 1. All disabilities must be explored for impact on employment.
Compensation must be at or above the minimum wage, but not less than the customary wage and level of benefits paid by the employer for the same or similar work performed by non-disabled individuals, at the time of transition to long-term support services.
Any limitations in work hours or level of pay must result directly from the client’s disability-related impediments that cannot be overcome by services.
Benefits include worker's compensation, paid holidays, paid vacations, paid sick time, health insurance, etc. The client must receive the same benefits available to any other employee of the company or service provider (when the service provider is the employer).
Employment must be competitive and integrated.
Job placement must be in an integrated setting means a setting typically found in community competitive employment in which individuals with disabilities interact with non-disabled individuals (other than those who are providing services to them) to the same extent that non-disabled individuals in comparable positions interact with other individuals.
- Client has an appropriate diagnosis for the Supported Employment Program that will be providing SE services.
- Client meets requirements for Supported Employment.
- QE2 case is in Priority I.
- Identify all disabilities of the client and assess the impact on Employment.
- Determine whether DD/ID client may require Customized Employment. If so authorize for Discovery Process prior to plan development.
- Behavioral Health (including Transitional Employment) - up to a total of $4000 plus BH long term supports
- ABI & Autism - up to a total of $7,000 including long term supports paid by VR
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID) Supported Employment - up to a total $6000 plus DD long term supports
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID) Customized Employment-up to a total of $7000 plus DD long term supports
- Supported Employment Milestone Payment Schedule – Behavioral Health Employment
- Supported Employment Milestone Payment Schedule - ABI and Autism
- Supported Employment Milestone Payment Schedule-Intellectual Disabilities (DD) (ID)
- Customized Employment Milestone Payment Schedule-Intellectual Disabilities (DD) (ID)
- Successful Closure: Follow the VR Program Manual: Closing the Case-Successful Outcome. (Link to chapter)
- Termination: VR Specialist must agree to any discharge from the SE program. Follow VR Program Manual: Closing the Case-Termination.
- Employment Discussion & Application
- Benefits Orientation
- Career Exploration
- Discovery used for ID/DD Customized Employment
- Individualized Plan for Employment
- Must be a Priority 1 with a diagnosis that is appropriate to the planned Supported Employment Program
- Consider all disabilities a client has when developing an IPE and needed supports
- Behavioral Health (including Transitional Employment) - up to a total of $4000
- ABI & Autism - up to a total of $7,000
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID) Supported Employment-up to a total of $6000
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID) Customized Employment-up to a total of $7000
- Consult the appropriate Supported Employment Milestone Payment Schedule for the appropriate QE2 Milestone and Activity.
- Track and authorize for additional milestones in sequence as the case progresses.
- Enter a monthly progress task note in QE 2.
- Enter a meeting summary task note in QE 2.
- Consult the appropriate Supported Employment Payment Schedule for reporting requirements.
Supported employment services are intended for those individuals for whom, because the severity of his/her disabilities, competitive employment has not been achieved, or has been intermittent or interrupted, and who will need continuing support to maintain integrated competitive employment.
The concept of “place and train” is central to supported employment. The individual is placed into an integrated competitive employment setting, and then provided with the necessary training and other supports and services needed to acquire job performance skills.
Customized Supported Employment is based on individual determination of the client's strengths, needs and interests that is designed to meet both the individual's needs and the business needs of the employer. The Service Provider customizes a job description.
The primary role of vocational rehabilitation in supported employment is to fund the initial training and other supports and services needed to achieve stable job performance. Other agencies, organizations, and individuals (including natural supports at the workplace or in the community) have the primary role of providing the long-term support services needed to maintain the employment and stable job performance. Before completing an IPE for supported employment services, VR staff, the client, the client’s parent or guardian and service provider should explore and identify all possible sources of long-term support including funding sources, and document them in the client’s case file. In some cases, a combination of supports may best meet the client’s needs. Benefits Orientation/Analysis may be helpful in identifying long-term support options and funding sources. The client, parent or guardian and supported employment service provider should clearly understand that if no source of continuing support is identified or if there is no reasonable expectation that the source(s) will become available, that VR is not able to provide or fund continuing support services.
|Supported Employment Milestone 1-Initiate Job Search ServicesI/DD, ABI/Autism|
|Supported Employment Milestone 2-Employment Placement Report I/DD, ABI/Autism|
|Supported Employment Milestone 3-Job Stabilization Report I/DD, ABI/Autism|
|Supported Employment Milestone 4-VR Closure & SE Job Retention Plan I/DD, ABI/Autism|
|Supported Employment Milestone 5 A& B Report - I/DD, ABI/Autism Supported & Customized Employment|
|Payment Schedule Support Employment Milestone BH|
|Payment Schedule Supported Employment Milestone ABI-ASD|
|Payment Schedule Customized Employment Milestone-I/DD|
|Payment Schedule Supported Employment Milestone -I/DD|
|Supported Employment Milestone 30 Day Report ABI/Autism/I/DD|
|Supported Employment Milestone 2-Customized-Employment Placement Report I/DD|
|Supported Employment Milestone 30 Day Report -I/DD Customized|