Categorized In: Case Services - Assessment Services/Planning - Assessment Supports
Approved Date: October 02, 2018
Owner: Angela Fujan
The assessment is limited to one term not to exceed 12 credit hours.
The authorization for post secondary classes as an assessment must have the school and, in some cases, the bookstore as the provider.
This service cannot be provided if there is a current approved IPE with post secondary training as a planned service.
To circumvent the financial aid process.
To further support a decision of inappropriateness or non-feasibility of post secondary training already supported by current information and documentation.
Must file a FAFSA and apply for financial aid at the school to be attended prior to the start of the assessment. This requirement is to insure that if post-secondary training is provided following the assessment that a timely application for financial aid has been made.
Student Financial Aid Report (SFAR) must be signed by the student and sent to the school’s financial aid office prior to the start of the assessment. A finalized SFAR is not required to authorize for the start of the assessment. If the school awards gift aid after the initial authorization and the gift aid is available to the student during the assessment term, VR will need to change the authorized amount based on the revised financial aid information. VR shall notify the financial aid office via the SFAR of the amount of VR assistance being provided initially and upon any revision.
For non-Nebraska tax supported schools only the VR Training Allowance Rate can be used.
For Nebraska tax supported schools;
Office Director must approve the use of post secondary classes as an assessment service and document approval in a Task Note.
- need for post secondary classes as an assessment, the function(s) to be assessed, the method(s) of collecting the assessment data and the assessment results criteria; the
- assessment site, number of credit hours, the course selection (type of courses, class schedule, time of day); any
- necessary assessment supports; and the
- options for how the assessment will be funded.
- send written notification to the school’s Business Office of any adjustment to the original authorization, and
- send written notification to the financial aid office of any adjustment to the VR assistance amount.